You are here: Home Heritage Built Heritage St. Anne’s Chapel (Minhava)

St. Anne’s Chapel in Minhava

In 1875, Maria Emília de Moura Teixeira left a chapel in Minhava (a small place near Vila Real) to the Misericórdia of Vila Real, as mentioned in her will of July 8, 1875.

St. Anne’s Chapel is a small building with a façade flanked by corner pilasters topped by a triangular pediment over the entablature and surmounted by two lateral pinnacles and a central cross. The façade presents a door with a curved lintel and smooth jambs, two small circular windows, and above the door, a larger window with a cartouche at the bottom. The remaining walls present a very formal restraint concerning their spans, with only a small opening for a bell in the Epistle side.

In the interior architecture, the same formal restraint is observed. One must highlight the retable, drawn with mastery and where an eclectic language is developed, the pulpit with stairs, the choir and the medallion painted in the ceiling. A small sacristy completes the set.

CCDRN  ON2  FEDER   CEPESE